Friday, November 07, 2014

You Know You're A Book Addict When...

… you use your last remaining vacation day of the year to attend a used booksale!
That's what I did today. I had one more work-free day for the year 2014, so i "booked" it off specifically to be able to give my full attention -- early in the morning -- to the Annual Rockcliffe Bookfair. There I was standing outside in the freezing cold with the other shivering lunatics this morning, waiting for the doors to open.
I sort of placed a restriction on myself though -- I brought along this orange shopping bag and committed myself to not exceeding its capacity, unlike other years where I fill an empty refrigerator box and then find I cannot move the thing to the car! This year I brought it down to about 30 books, all strategically crammed into this bag. Great books. Terrific books. And the whole shmeer only cost me $60.00. Now, back at my apartment I have a new dilemma. Nowhere to PUT them all! 

I've run out of shelves. Which is, by the way, the second sign that you're a book addict!
*****

6 comments:

Isabella K said...

Awesomeness! You demonstrated great self-control. Looks like a terrific haul, too.

Anonymous said...

27 books on day one and 21 more today. I have nowhere to put them either which is why tomorrow I am going to buy a new bookshelf. I love acting a bit loony over books!
C.

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

That looks like a pretty big bag to me, dude. :-)

Melwyk said...

What else are vacation days for? I love big booksales. Though I could probably hold one of my own in my basement someday soon... I hear you on the lack of storage space!

Stefanie said...

Strategic bag packing indeed! Well done!